Sunday, September 28, 2008

Got a question for Clay Shirky?

I've got the opportunity to interview Clay Shirky on Tuesday this week thanks to the lovely people at Incisive Media.
I'm a big fan of Clay's work particularly his recent book Here Comes Everybody. (currently available with £8 off at Amazon)
I'll be video recording the interview to share later - using one of the just-arriving Flip Video Mino's. Just been sent one to test by Alex Myers - who responded to my bleating tweets for something simple to shoot and share with ( I am a-cursed with a 3G unjailbroken iPhone - no video recording!).
You'll see the results on this blog later this week.
And you can help shape the results right now: simply post a question you'd like to put to Clay in the comments below and I'll do my best to include as many as possible in the interview.

4 comments:

  1. Yes - I have a question.

    --

    Clay - in your opinion, what are the critical parts the media industry needs to change/remove/improve to enable increased interactivity and collaboration between brands and citizens?

    And - can I use your answer in a project that 30+ others (including your interviewer) are creating on subjects including this?

    --

    Thanks Cush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    I'd like to know why Clay chose the title "Here Comes Everybody"? I rather thought that everybody was here all along, in that communicating and self-organising have been characteristics of human society for thousands of years. Is technology really changing people's behaviour, or simply making existing behaviour more visible in the online space?

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David

    I'd love for you to follow up the absence of copyright in Clay's book.

    I blogged about it here: http://simoncollister.typepad.com/simonsays/2008/09/clay-shirky-and.html

    It is a really glaring ommission and one which is a major barrier to the creative and communal opportunities Clay writes about.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following up Matt's question, I'd like to know if the reference is to James Joyce and Finnegan's Wake and if so, what the connection is.

    And ... first there was gin, then there was tv - what is the next in this sequence?

    ReplyDelete

FasterFuture.blogspot.com

The rate of change is so rapid it's difficult for one person to keep up to speed. Let's pool our thoughts, share our reactions and, who knows, even reach some shared conclusions worth arriving at?