Friday, July 20, 2007

I blog, therefore, I am! Give us humans a break!

Apologies for the delay... Google's (blogger's) spam-prevention robots decided to lock my posts until I'd proved I'm a human being.

Apparently the process of proving this, involves a human being taking a look at my blog and making a judgement on whether or not I'm one, too.

Therefore, if you ever get to read this post you should regard it as compelling evidence that I am in fact human.

I blog, therefore I am. What would Descartes make of this, I wonder?

Hurray for humans. A computer programme couldn't possibly deal with this as well... could it?

The voice of Blogger tells me:

"Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What is a spam blog?) Since you are an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy and we sincerely apologise for this false positive.

"We received your unlock request on 20 July 2007. On behalf of the robots, we apologise for locking your non-spam blog. Please be patient while we take a look at your blog and verify that it is not spam.

Find out more about how Blogger is fighting spam blogs."

That's the message I'd clicked to read. Blogger appears to me to be saying that the simple act of responding to the message, that I've been locked out, is a pretty good indication that I am indeed human.

So how about giving us humans a break, Blogger? How about releasing my posts from draft purgatory the moment I clicked to respond.

And if you wanted to double check - how about auto-generating a message to your bank of humans that maybe they should come by and check my blog just in case ( the less likely scenario, by all accounts) my blog is actually spam-tastic.

Google/Blogger, please, repeat after me: "humans are your friends... spam blogs are not".

Now start that customer service excercise again. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll find it's


    'I geek, therefore I blog'


    Spammer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha!

    I have proof

    http://updatedsayings.blogspot.com/


    Forgotten I even tried that one, to be honest...




    Actually, there's a certain irony in complaing about being blocked from posting due to spam, and then having comment moderation on, n'est-pas?

    ReplyDelete

FasterFuture.blogspot.com

The rate of change is so rapid it's difficult for one person to keep up to speed. Let's pool our thoughts, share our reactions and, who knows, even reach some shared conclusions worth arriving at?