Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Drawing sketches and colouring in

My daughter asked me if I'd had a nice day at work. I said yes.
She asked if I'd been doing colouring in. I said I had. With lovely coloured pencils.
But that was a bit of a lie. Obviously.
Made me think about what a lovely view of the world children have (she's 3), that it's ALL about play. Wonderful - and informative.
I think what I do is draw the lines, for others to colour in. I'm not sure which is most fun.
I am going to try to do a bit of colouring-in shortly. And I'm going to do it by collaborating with a small group of people. And if we don't colour right up to the edges, that's alright. If our colourings go over the edges, that's ok, too. If the colours merge and create new shades. Great.
And if I end up drawing a new sketch for others to join me in filling in, that'll be fine, too.
Ideas are fuzzy edged. Why shouldn't every stage of the creative process be just as fuzzy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FasterFuture.blogspot.com

The rate of change is so rapid it's difficult for one person to keep up to speed. Let's pool our thoughts, share our reactions and, who knows, even reach some shared conclusions worth arriving at?