Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Visiting Microsoft Research in Cambridge today

I'm getting through the doors at Microsoft Research in Cambridge this afternoon. I've no idea how much of what we get to see and talk about I'll be allowed to share, but whatever the case I daresay we'll have some interesting conversations and an exchange of ideas that can only add value all round.
I took a quick look at their site this morning.
Among the focus on 'being human' and nature's inspiration for the machine I noticed something that didn't seem particularly organic.
Under 'Careers at Microsoft Research' there are just two buttons: 'Interns' and 'Post Docs'.
In the context of 'blue sky thinking' that just struck me as a little odd...


The rate of change is so rapid it's difficult for one person to keep up to speed. Let's pool our thoughts, share our reactions and, who knows, even reach some shared conclusions worth arriving at?