Here's an SEO challenge. We're searching for a Search Strategy Manager. Kind of hoping that person has some pretty good rss feeds and search strategies of their own set up - so you've already found this.
But if you know someone who needs a nudge... well that's the power of the network so we'll live with that...
So assuming you are a Search demigod you're probably still reading. Good, because this might be right up your street...
(here's the official job ad bit...)
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JUNE 12, 2008
Bauer Consumer Media's Digital Marketing team are looking to recruit a Search Strategy Manager who will report directly into the Digital Marketing Director.
The key purpose of the role is to manage natural and paid-for search strategies for Bauer Consumer Media and provide leadership in associated digital marketing activity (linking, affiliate marketing strategy.) Key responsibilities of the role include the following;
Agency co-ordination and Management
- Management of digital marketing agencies to support our activity.
- Challenge and direct these agencies to deliver against a set of agreed KPI’s
- First point of contact with Account Management.
- Establish and cascade best practice and thought leadership into the business.
- Develop with agency a NSO plan, and project manage the implementation across technical, marketing and editorial functions.
- Manage business analyst responsible for technical implementation and ensure that technical changes are supported at a senior management level.
- Work with digital marketing and editorial teams to ensure that pages and content are optimised.
- Ensure accurate measurement of campaigns.
- Focus on optimising campaign performance
- Working with Digital Directors to ensure cultural changes are implemented.
- Ensure that learning’s from agency relationship are captured and put back into the business.
- Oversee total PPC campaign budget and work with digital marketing managers to ensure campaigns are delivered to agreed KPI’s and ROI
- Troubleshoot and manage key PPC campaigns
- Work with Digital Directors and Advertising to deliver PPC campaigns to deliver specific advertising/commerce inventory and objectives.
- Coordinate training and best practice seminars.
- Ensure that video, image, location optimisation are built into our marketing plans.
- Build a strategy to focus on building up rankings in specialist directories, niche search sites etc.
- Develop an affiliate marketing strategy for the group and manage the implementation.
- Build a linking strategy for the group and manage the implementatio
- To play an active role as part of the senor digital exec
- To influence and educate peers and Digital Directors to ensure appropriate investment and resource is applied to this area.
- Highly self-sufficient, collaborative and passionate about what they do;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate sufficient experience implementing best practice NSO strategies.
- In depth knowledge of NSO methodology, including link community development, content and website accessibility.
- Search agency experience.
- Management of a £1m plus paid search campaign.
- Strong project management skills
- Passionate about sharing and communicating information
- The ability to communicate to groups of people at all levels of the organisation
- Pragmatic, flexible and creative approach;
- Commercially astute but consumer focused.
- Strong analytical skills in analysing and influencing ROI
- Strong interest and experience in media/digital marketing and future trends.
- Technically savvy.
- Hands on role in search
- Experience of online marketing
Do hope this has been written with the engines in mind...