I'm trying to compile a list of the most influential/interesting people of the world of web2.0. Define 'the Rock Stars of web2.0' how you like, I'm sure you'll have some thoughts.
I've been batting around a few suggestions to start the list with my buddy badgergravling.
But we are only scratching the surface now it's over to you.
The list will be featured on the new ditto.net*- where the community will get to vote on your suggestions, creating a ranking from 1-50 (ish?).
Don't go looking for the list there yet, it won't be live. There's plenty of other lists you might like though, and you're welcome to go browse and do that early adopter thang to your hearts content! You will find a blog post about it.
So below you'll find the Rock Stars of Web2.0 list we're starting with. If we've missed one of your personal 2.0 rock stars, now is the time to add them (as a comment, and include links if possible).
I'll keep updating the proto-list as we go.
And if there's someone on there you really think shouldn't be, say so!
Rock Stars of Web2.0...in alphabetical order - until you intervene!
- Chris Anderson (The Long Tail)
- Tom Anderson (Myspace)
- David Armano (Logic + Emotion)
- Mike Arrington (techcrunch)
- Rick Astley
- David Bausola (Zero Influence)
- Veronica Bellmont (tekzilla host)
- Josh Bernoff (Groundswell)
- Danah Boyd
- Stowe Boyd (message)
- Sergey Brin (google)
- Jason Calacanis (Mahalo)
- Marc Canter (Broadband Mechanics)
- Steve Chen (youtube)
- Amanda Congdon
- Corvida (SheGeeks)
- Cory Doctorow (Author and BoingBoing)
- Bill Gates (Microsoft)
- Seth Godin
- Louis Gray (early adopter blog)
- Ariana Huffington
- Chad Hurley (youtube)
- Shel Israel (global neighbourhoods)
- Joseph Jaffe (jaffejuice)
- Jeff Jarvis (buzzmachine)
- Steve Jobs (apple)
- Scott Karp (publising2.0)
- Guy Kawasaki
- Marshall Kirkpatrick (readwriteweb, consultant)
- Leo Laporte
- Loic LeMeur (Seesmic, Twhirl)
- Adriana Lukas
- Heather Luttrell (indieclick)
- Alan Moore (Communities Dominate Brands)
- Jonathan Macdonald
- Hugh Macleod (Gaping Void)
- Dave McClure
- Matthew Mullenweg (wordpress)
- Barack Obama (he's everywhere 2.0 is)
- Tim O'Reilly
- Jeremiah Owyang (Forrester analyst)
- Ivan Pope (Mr Widget)
- Larry Page (google)
- Sarah Perez (readwriteweb)
- JP Rangaswami (Confused of Calcutta)
- Howard Rheingold (Smartmobs)
- Trent Reznor (NiN)
- Darren Rowse (ProBlogger)
- Steve Rubel (micropersuasion)
- Robert Scoble (tech geek blogger)
- Doc Searls (Cluetrain Manifesto, Project VRM)
- Euan Semple (The Obvious, ex-Beeb Social computing consultant)
- Clay Shirkey (Here Comes Everybody)
- Kathy Sierra
- Shiv Singh Razor Fish
- Brian Solis (PR2.0)
- Biz Stone (twitter/blogger etc)
- Don Tapscott (Wikinomics)
- Alana Taylor (mashable)
- Ev Williams (twitter)
- Jimmy Wales (wikipedia)
- Adrian Watkins (Fox Interactive)
- David Weinberger (Cluetrain, Everything is Miscellaneous)
- Fred Wilson (a VC)
- Dave Winer
- Jerry Yang (yahoo)
- Tony @zappos
- Mark Zuckerberg (facebook)
*Disclosure: Ditto.net is a Bauer Consumer Media project and I work for Bauer Consumer Media.