Friday, June 06, 2008

Nominate the Rock Stars of Web2.0

I'm trying to compile a list of the most influential/interesting people of the world of web2.0. Define 'the Rock Stars of web2.0' how you like, I'm sure you'll have some thoughts.

I've been batting around a few suggestions to start the list with my buddy badgergravling.
But we are only scratching the surface now it's over to you.

The list will be featured on the new ditto.net*- where the community will get to vote on your suggestions, creating a ranking from 1-50 (ish?).

Don't go looking for the list there yet, it won't be live. There's plenty of other lists you might like though, and you're welcome to go browse and do that early adopter thang to your hearts content! You will find a blog post about it.

So below you'll find the Rock Stars of Web2.0 list we're starting with. If we've missed one of your personal 2.0 rock stars, now is the time to add them (as a comment, and include links if possible).

I'll keep updating the proto-list as we go.

And if there's someone on there you really think shouldn't be, say so!

Rock Stars of Web2.0...in alphabetical order - until you intervene!

*Disclosure: Ditto.net is a Bauer Consumer Media project and I work for Bauer Consumer Media.

9 comments:

  1. Veronica Belmont!

    great list, David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pico, yep we have Veronica (though I might have spelt her name wrong). Would love to hear more suggestions for women - seem to be under-represented on the list so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea/list. I'm working on a similar list and some fun ideas of the same nature. I'll let you know when I get mine done.

    Jim Kukral

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Jim, saw your tweet about that, I think, re attention-seekers? Have followed you on twitter btw. I'm at www.twitter.com/davidcushman

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to nominate Sarah Perez, myself (Corvida), and Alana Taylor of Mashable. Oh and Marshall Kirkpatrick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominate Heather Luttrell the founder and President of IndieClick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping up the UK end I'm going to nominate David Bausola, aka @zeroinfluencer. All round clever dick with a - like myself - fine art (ie proper) background he was the guy at Imagination behind 'Where are the Joneses', one of the first community driven branded content thingys. His blog http://zeroinfluence.wordpress.com is a mine of information. He now owes me a pint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shiv Singh and Dave McClure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. david wells i would say

    cheers!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

FasterFuture.blogspot.com

The rate of change is so rapid it's difficult for one person to keep up to speed. Let's pool our thoughts, share our reactions and, who knows, even reach some shared conclusions worth arriving at?