Image via CrunchBaseSince I've given apple such a hard time over my iPhone. I thought I ought to consider why I persist with it.
The contract I'm locked into has much to do with it.
And I'd be lieing if the coolness of it doesn't help (though this is seriously undermined in the style stakes by the black rubber condom I sheath my new one in after I dropped the last.
(incidentally, perhaps apple could build in this kind of protection next time around? Or at least box new iPhones with a cheap protective case.)
My daughter told the genius at the apple store that I love my phone.
And she's right.
The iPhone and I have a stormy relationship. Moments of sheer frustration spread widely apart by good experiences.
So 10 things I love about my iPhone.
There are problems with how some of these function, as I've posted and tweeted in the past, but they are powerful.
1. The community. When I have problems with my iPhone I can always find someone who has faced similar, overcome the challenge and shared the result. Apple's real ace is that their customers do their customer service ( and marketing, of course, but that's another story.)
2. No walled garden: I'm on an O2 contract but I don't experience the Internet-as-controlled-for-you-by-O2, I get the real Internet - our Internet.
3. The interface. Not so great for one-handed operation but an unmatchable experience for the eye and speed of navigation. When you aren't walking anywhere.
4. The iPod. Their best yet.
5. The integration with email and calendar services. Easier to set up than most.
6. Intuitive. My daughter could take pictures with the iPhone at the age of 3.
7. Solutions. Updates to make the phone ever better are built into your life. Adding content from iTunes? Want a better phone while you are at it. Ok then.
8. The app store. Easiest installation and best integration of any phone (or computer, for that matter) that I have ever experienced. Some social recommendation to your phone would ramp it higher still.
9. Control of the desktop. That the user can rearrange navigation to suit themselves is a given.
10. The wifi. Connects seemlessly whereever possible. And that's harder to achieve than often credited for.
What do you love about your phone?