An individual’s ‘grading’, ‘influence’, ‘fame’ or however else you wish to describe it is no longer about who gets the biggest number. It is all about relevance.
- I stick to my brief – you trust me to talk social media, future of publishing, impact of the power of the network etc. If I start giving you tips about horse racing you’re going to treat them with caution – at the very least.
- I remain consistent: If I give you a series of bum steers my value to you will rapidly reduce.
- 2 and 3 can mix. If I start giving you horse racing tips AND I am consistently right – you’ll value this new aspect (I’ll even attract new communities of purpose as a result.
- The result of 2 and 3 mixing can impact on those who followed me because of 1&2.
- The value of my influence can only be measured from the receivers point of view – recommendation happens in the mind of the receiver.
- My influence among those who are yet to connect with me, but have the potential to through meta data is somewhere between 0 and infinity.