Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How you can double the value of our network

One extra person added to a network doubles its value. That's a truth revealed by Reed's Law; group forming network theory.

I also find that inspiring. It means if I ever feel like I'm wading through a quagmire of resistance to change, I know that adding one more connection can literally redouble my network's efforts and effectiveness.

We are all made greater by the sum of our connections - all of us. Even the newest, loosest connection.

So, with all that in mind, who would you like to introduce to this network WE share?

Who doesn't yet know they they need to know us?

I'd love to hear your suggestions - either privately via email or publicly by posting below.

Ideally it'll be someone you know because the best five suggestions will be rewarded with two copies of my book The Power of the Network.

The idea is you get to keep one for yourself and one to pass on to the person you've suggested needs connecting to our network.

If you've already got The Power of the Network, great (and thanks!) you'll have two copies to pass one.

I hope handing over a tangible real-world book will act as a physical conversation starter for you - a social object around which your introduction to the network can begin.

Maybe you'll see this as something interesting we can do together? I hope so. And if so, please share.

The closing date for this is December 31, 2008.


  • By the way, I'm presenting at Mobile Content in London today - talking about Mobile's role in the eighth mass media at 9am (The Big Question slot) and on a panel in the afternoon at 4.10p. Come and say hi if you get the chance.

3 comments:

  1. I won't be at Mobile Content... but I'd really like to hear more about the 8th mass media. I only heard about the 7th mass media from Tomi Ahonen on Monday (at FOM)!

    At this rate I'm liable to miss a whole mass media, and that would be embarrassing.

    Lots of people to recommend. I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool. Thanks luke. Here with Tomi today. Come to the course we're running at Oxford Uni in dec?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be there, but I'm tied up rolling out Trutap v2 (www.trutap.com). We launched our full mobile social network on Monday. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete

FasterFuture.blogspot.com

The rate of change is so rapid it's difficult for one person to keep up to speed. Let's pool our thoughts, share our reactions and, who knows, even reach some shared conclusions worth arriving at?